People want to live a healthy lifestyle that is why a lot of diet plans are continuously being studied. One of the most popular diet plans is vegan diet.
“Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.” — The Vegan Society
According to observational studies report from National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), those who are into vegan diet (called vegans) may have up to a 75% lower risk of developing high blood pressure and 42% lower risk of dying from heart disease.
Here are some of the benefits when you are on vegan diet:
- Aids in weight loss
- Reduces mortality risk conditions, such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, hypertension, and many more, and several types of cancers like prostate and colon cancer
- Provides vitamins, minerals, nutrients, proteins, and etc.
When on vegan diet, you mainly eat vegetables and fruits and do away with food that come from animal products. You should also include the specific food below to improve your eating habits:
- contains protein and protein helps in gaining and losing weight
- helps stabilize sugar levels in the body
- Adds energy and supports the muscles and bones for the absorption of the nutrients
- helps in cleaning toxins inside your body
- adds proteins in your body
- prevents cardio and respiratory diseases
Bananas, pineapples, and grapes
- helps neutralize the nutrients, proteins, and pH levels in the body
As they say, different strokes for different folks. There are a lot of dietary plans out there, but if you are fund of eating vegetables, vegan diet may work for you. Watch out for part II of Vegan for Starters. Good luck on your way to being healthy and happy!